Wednesday, March 5, 2008

In memory

Today Tonya would have been twenty seven years old. It is so hard to believe that she has been gone for nearly 12 years. She was a beautiful girl I watched growing up and then experienced grief as I watched close friends lose their only daughter. Tonya lost control of her car on a gravel road on her way to school. It was a one car accident, but made me fearful as each of my sons, nieces, nephews and their close friends have taken up the responsibility of driving.

Later today, I also got the news that a third grade teacher at my school died. She was young. She got the flu bug, ended up with pneumonia and died in a very short period of time. How scary?

1 comment:

  1. That's very scary as Christy had the exact same thing in the exact same order. She's much better now. And I also can't believe Tonya would have been 27. We were just talking about her roundabout when we went to Zonkers cause I took Joe and Tonya to Jungle Jim's a couple of times. So sad.

    ReplyDelete