Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

Yesterday was wonderful. We spent the day at home. The little boys were told not to get up before 7:30 and we were sipping our first cups of coffee and enjoying what was in our stockings at nearly 8 a.m. We have a tradition of opening gifts one at a time, and in some order as each of the boys opened a gift and after they opened a couple Joe and I would open one.

We had a brunch of an egg scramble and cinnamon rolls. Later in the day we decided that no one wanted another big meal so I fixed the macaroni and cheese and a ham for a late dinner. My sister and Kevin came over to spend a few days and my nephew Alex also came for some visiting time. The boys tried out new games and Joe brought up Rock Band to try out the new guitar.

Today started out rough as I had to get up and help Daniel before I even had a chance to get my shoes on this morning. There is more than one reason that I wear shoes and the most important one is that I don't like to stub my toes. Well, it's too late this morning. As I was passing through the great room into the kitchen I stubbed my toe royally on the edge of the couch, and I suspect it is broken. I hate going without my shoes, and it is rare for me but oh well. The pathway was narrowed more than usual because Daniel still had his jungle set he got for Christmas set up for play. He has had so much fun with that toy set.

We did get to play Scene It with Anne this evening. We played the movie version. I won a game and Anne won the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment