Monday, January 4, 2010

Transitioning Back to Normal

I was up at o'dark thirty when the alarm rang (here that's 4:30 a.m.). Old Man Winter has moved in even though I told him he was no longer welcome, and is continuing his deep freeze with temperatures again dropping down to 0 degrees F. this morning. The forecast is calling for more colder temps and snow on Wednesday and Thursday.

So after I slugged out of bed and started my morning routine, dressed for my workout and filled the coffeepot with water for my morning cup of tea, I did my workout. Today's scheduled plan was level one of Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred. I made it through. Jillian is a tough, and not very nice, trainer. I am thankful she is not actually at my house as I know what I want to do, and what I don't want to do. I did make it through most of the workout, but didn't push myself to the maximum level as I am still feeling the effects of The Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout from yesterday and the Dancing with the Stars workout on Friday.

Then I set off to work after putting the kids on their school bus for their first day back. It was a nice day for me, getting things in place for the coming month, briefly visiting with friends and colleagues with few time restraints and enjoying a late lunch that we had delivered to school with some of my teaching team. Since there were no students, I had my list of tasks and a few blocks of uninterrupted time. My list included papers to finish marking, new seating charts to make after rearranging the classroom furniture, lesson plans to create for the month and preparing materials for lessons over the next few weeks. I left work for the day feeling that I had accomplished enough to feel ahead of the game. Woo Hoo!!! Tomorrow....bring on the kids. I am ready for them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment