Monday, January 28, 2008

Up to a Challenge

One of the keys to meeting a goal is to share it with others, and ask that they hold you accountable. I am usually a person that has no problem setting goals. I write them down. I set sets of goals. I categorize them, schedule them into my future and then often stall out unless it is something that I really want or want to do.

It is easy for me to set goals, but without others knowing what my goals are, they can easily fall by the wayside. Sometimes I pick up my goals again and again and again and again, but they are really not met.

My biggest foe is "someday". Or "tomorrow". The reason is usually because I think the job is too big for now, and so it has to wait until later. I am learning that I need to break my goals into smaller pieces, to write them down and to share them. And then, "Just do it."

So here are a few things I need to do.

Set up my new printer/scanner/copier (I got it for Christmas)
Print up my budget sheets for my planner (It's the end of January, sorry Dave Ramsey)
Balance my checkbook (done weekly)
Pay bills (done biweekly)
Sort through and file or trash paperwork on my desk
Prepare our taxes for Federal and State
Go through one box of my scrapbook and craft supplies
And keep up with my normal routines


I want to have this all done before the weekend. Since I have read that creating a reward for meeting goals can also be important, my reward, I decided, is to be able to sort though pictures for future scrapbook sessions for several hours when I get this list complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment