Sunday, November 23, 2008

Check Or Cross Off My List?

Sometimes I think that planning ahead just leaves time to do other things that need to be done in my busy life. I have a list that needs constant prioritizing. What are we going to do today? What do I have to do today? How far can I work ahead? There is always something on the list that I would rather skip. Either because it is just plain boring or that it just seems that it will take more time (and effort) than I have at the moment. I do love it when I do follow through with plans. It is such a satisfying feeling to check things off a list, or better yet, to actually put a line through each one.

Daniel has been interested in my lists lately. He thinks he should have input in what goes on my list. He is currently helping me to make our Thanksgiving dinner to do list. I like to do things one at a time, and plan for using a pan multiple times as in my pot that is used to boil eggs, macaroni and finally potatoes. Daniel also doesn't understand why I would ever want to put a line through something I took the effort to write on paper. He gives me a surprised look and states his shock in my behavior. Oh if he could only comprehend the satisfying feeling of drawing a line through a completed task on my list. Checking off a list is okay too I suppose, but not nearly as good as slashing through the done deed. So when I share my lists with Danny, we will be making checks in front of what is done. I am sure he will be making lists of his own very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment