Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day

I noticed on the news at 5:35 a.m. that my school had closed for the day and I got the phone call about 20 minutes later to confirm. I had to anticipate whether or not the boys would go today since it had snowed some overnight here, but the morning snow at the house had not started although it was only 7 degrees F. After their alarm got them up at 6 a.m. we watched on the news that we were now expecting 3-5 inches of snow. About 10 minutes later the boys school came up on the news list as well, the snow was coming at a very fast swirl, and I sent the boys back to bed. Well that didn't work. They are having a snow day camp party in Raymond's room this morning.

So I am thinking that this day off is an answer to my prayer as I am not feeling well today and I really didn't want to have to call in during this last week. I did not do much throughout the morning, but am very grateful that I did not have to drive in this mess today, or worry about my kids out in it either.

Tonight's countdown surprise was the Golden Book, "Jingle Bells". Santa's reindeer are sick so he hops on with the bear family and friends as they ride in a one horse open sleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment